So, our second week at Sorrento Centre had Bishop Mark McDonald with us leading a course, the first National Indigenous Bishop for the Anglican Church of Canada. Craig Luccock, who has done a lot of work with youth over the years and worked in the position I am in for three years. I learned a lot through conversations with both of them, and enjoyed their presence on site.
This week also was Day Camp week, which I was overseeing. It was BUSY!! My hours transitioned from a split shift to a 8:00am-4:00pm, then dinner, short break (usually filled with one-on-ones with staff, then the evening activity. Which meant that my afternoon nap time was gone. But it was a great week, with sixteen children we had a ton of fun. It reminded me of doing Vacation Bible School back at home. Most of our afternoons with the children were spent at the beach, which for me consisted of continuously counting sixteen heads to make sure everyone was still present!
We had a major storm here on Thursday, to the extent of having to keep the children inside and not being able to leave until we got the all clear from the Executive Director. Good thing to know that our Emergency protocol works! Then, that evening we got to put another Emergency Protocol to the test when we had some major curfew issues. Lets just say that very little sleep was granted.
On Wednesday I presided once again at the evening prayer service. I really enjoyed it, every time I take that leadership role on I do more or write more of the service myself. I am very thankful for the support, encouragement, and challenges I am given here.
Saturday I went to Kelowna to spend some time with Matt and his family. It was very nice being with them and also nice to get off site for a bit. We didn't do much, hung out for the most part. Which is definitely what I needed to do!
This coming week is going to be very busy, it already has been! It's "music" week so lots of people and great workshop leaders, but I will rant on that latter. We have a large number of children joining us, so I for see another successful week. I am going do be doing a lot of paperwork and administration work this week. Most of it easy and straightforward, just time consuming - but is has to be done! I will also be doing a lot of the planning for the children and youth Wednesday Eucharist service, organizing prayers, songs, scripture, sermon, ect... You don't know how short a day really is until you try and do everything in one day!
My prayer is that everyone's summer is going well, that the weather is pleasant and everyone is safe and enjoying themselves! I will try to update you on the fabulous things I am doing, but as I'm sure you have now figured out.... my time can be limited!
No comments:
Post a Comment