Well, when my family decides to come and visit me they all come at once! On Sunday my mom and Sara, Wesley, Taylor, Rhys, and Aaron came to visit for the afternoon. It was so nice to see them again, we spent the afternoon at the beach and then had dinner. They have grown and matured so much, it's really neat. Yesterday my Aunty Jamie and Drew stopped in to say hi and stayed for dinner, it was a really good surprise to see them. The office had called up to where I live and told me that my aunt from Calgary was here, I was extremely confused as to who it could possibly be. This evening Kevin, Daryl, and Dale came by on their way from Calgary for a short visit, it was so nice to see them. I love visiting with my family, and I can't wait to be around them all again.
Our days left here at Sorrento Centre are becoming quite few, and some of my staff have already started going home, it saddens me to see them go. We have build a community here, really a family here. And after two months of living with them all, and four months of living here with Heather its going to be hard to leave. (Heather has pretty much become my older sister for those who don't know... and we take care of each other, like our moms would!) And yet it signifies the end of the summer and the beginning of the next adventure in life. For four of my staff this adventure is going off to university for the first time.
Bluegrass week has been going good, the music is nice and not too continuous and the people for the most part are great. This Saturday is the festival, we expect close to 1200 people here on site. It is going to be crazy, an experience that will not be forgotten!
School starts up again, I'm not sure if I am totally ready to go back to lectures and assignments yet but that will be what happens. I am staying in residence once again, and so is Stewart - he is going into the culinary arts program. It's going to be cool getting to bug Stewart and be around him whenever I can find him... it will be like we were little!
Next Monday I am heading into Kamloops for a meeting for a group I am part of. Task Force on the Future of APCI, its a group that is looking at where APCI (Anglican Parishes of the Central Interior) is going in our future. Will we stay as we are? Go back to what we were? Become something new? Or join an already functioning diocese. I believe we have a facilitator joining us at this meeting who will assist us in this discernment and figuring out a plan of action. I'm excited to see the members of the group once again.
Tomorrow I am not working, so I get to sleep in and then attend worship and the staff meeting. Then Heather and I are going to her place to visit with her family and such for the afternoon. With that being said.... I'm going to bed! Enjoy the last week of summer!!
No comments:
Post a Comment