I have a soft spot for the Fall leaves and trees... I remember the Fall days when I was a young child... days that required a jacket to protect us from the nip in the air... days when we gathered piles of leaves together so we could run and jump into them. And then as we tired we would just lay in the leaves with the wind kissing our noses.
The leaves above are from a trip to Six Nations Reserve in Toronto Ontario this past month... the signs of fall can be found everywhere!
In Elementary school there were a few poems that we recited during the Fall season that I was fond of as a child:
Red leaves and yellow leaves
Orange leaves and brown,
Leaves are dancing everywhere
Orange leaves and brown,
Leaves are dancing everywhere
Happily dancing down.
AND
Leaves in the autumn came tumbling down,
Scarlet and yellow, russet and brown,
Leaves in the garden were swept in a heap,
Trees were undressing ready for sleep.
Scarlet and yellow, russet and brown,
Leaves in the garden were swept in a heap,
Trees were undressing ready for sleep.
And finally these trees and the abundance of leaves that come from them are on the pathway to St. Paul's Cathedral in Kamloops. I've had the joy of watching these trees turn to their fall color in full splendor. Just last week I noticed the amazing amount of leaves on the ground... what a lovely path... beautiful color, and the amazing crunch beneath every step! What a great way to begin the time that will be spent at the church!!
Happy Fall!!
1 comment:
I am missing real "fall" now that I read your musings on leaves. I love that crunch. Can't get enough of it! I bet there will be plenty of that in our future however. Time to enjoy the amazing november days here in Cali!
xoxo
Post a Comment