Here I am once again at Sorrento Centre well immersed into my fourth summer. I'm excited about this year's Children and Youth program, this years staff team, and all the many adventures and experiences that will take place.
A few of the things I've been up to since completing this past year of school (year four complete!!) and some of my pondering thoughts:
- Sorrento Centre is a place of such deep peace and reflection for me. Yes, it always comes down to me making the decision to take the time to engage in spiritual practices and reflection, but as I learn to do this more faithfully I remember more often how important it really is.
- An undergrad degree is designed to be completed in four years for a reason... planning year five is no longer exciting!
- Amazing things happen when committed folks gather together to make decisions and learn together.
- It's worth it to say "no" to people when asked to take on a commitment/committee appointment as it allows you to say "yes" when the right opportunity that matches your gifts and interests and the world's needs comes along.
- Songs get stuck in my head... for a very long time!
- Gathering with 130 colleagues who share a passion in (youth) ministry is again and ag
ain an amazing experience. Learning, sharing, rest, renewal, conversation. (Common Ground 2011)
- I fell in love with a camp while in Ontario... and the idea of raising a family while directing a camp (at least that is this month's new idea for life!!)
- Lake Huron - stunning!!
- Really good worship makes my day... or week!
- Spending time with my siblings, well I never get tired of it. But yes, a bit sleepy by the end of a full day.
- The Leadership Team I work with at Sorrento Centre is crazy, well we all are! But they keep me laughing and on my toes... and that is good!
So - will you hear from me again before the summer is over and I am preparing to dive into my final year of my BA? Who knows... I can try, but we'll see. I guess first I need to see if summer actually comes, time for the sunshine to come out!
No comments:
Post a Comment