Monday, January 9, 2012

Youth Group Sleepover (sleep optional!)

It's time for me to go to bed. So, why am I still up then? Well, I'm determined to get into a level of a schedule that resembles a routine of "normalcy" (whatever that might look like). And going to bed at 7:30pm will not help with the process. So I shall find ways for a few more hours to pass.

We had our first youth group sleepover last night. Fourteen youth from Kamloops and Savona and a nice mixture of Anglican and Lutherans. It was so calm and relaxed compared to the many other sleepovers I've done over the years. We ate lots of food, played countless games (Highly recommend Apples to Apples!), spent some time in quiet/personal reflection as we explored some Spiritual Practices, watched a movie as folks drifted off to sleep, slept (or as in my case... didn't sleep!), woke up in time to clean-up, enjoy breakfast and attend the worship service. 

I for some reason let the group stay up later then I ever have before... I think it was because they were so calm. Everyone just went with the flow of things and were all very engaged in the different activities that were happening. 

We were community. We are community. There was laughter, there was fellowship, there was joy. God was and is with us. 

And I'm now fully convinced that two-year-olds love me. Or at least they trust me. And it's not just the two-year-olds that I've know for years And of course, I'm not complaining!! 

And now I sit here trying to stay awake, watching a movie, enjoying the quiet, preparing myself for the start of classes tomorrow. January is good. I am ever grateful that January has arrived and productivity and routine are coming back into my life. Here we go again, another semester!

No comments: