| "Jesus is the Christ National Protest against WCC" |
I say "peaceful protest" partially because that is what I've been told it is but mostly because that is what I've experienced it as. Life in any free country, people are welcome to their own opinions and views and expressing those opinions and views in peaceful ways.
We have a great Korean Host Committee who is keeping tabs on this protest and who are dealing with it. We also have a large number of police on the grounds of BEXCO (where we are meeting) who offer a peaceful presence to make sure that everything goes well.
It's important to remember that this protest is probably going on because it stems from the history of Korean churches and their WCC involvement - it's not necessarily directed to us who are here today but to the historical memory and encounters.
| Peaceful police presence |
This article was shared on the WCC Youth Pre-Assembly Facebook page from the Korean Times and provides some background information.
Regardless of all this going on - all continues to be well, I still feel very safe here and we continue to gather and feel welcome!
No comments:
Post a Comment