The time has come and I am now en-route to home... I left my hotel at 10am Saturday morning (in Busan) for a 2pm flight. I had a two hour layover in Tokyo and then entered into the 8+ hour flight to Vancouver. It all went smoothly and I think I managed to even get around 5 hours of sleep/rest on the flight to Vancouver.
I arrived in Vancouver and did the lengthly customs, picking-up luggage, checking into next flight, dropping off luggage and going through security for the third time. I've had a six hour layover in Vancouver, I'm at the tail end of it now with two hours to go. I had a lovely and lengthly call with my mom while I had lunch. It was good to hear a familiar voice. I am tired but not as tired as I could be.
At this point I plan on driving out to Sorrento - I'm ready for familiar space. I'm now in the debate of what tomorrow will look like... I am contemplating a trip to town so I can see familiar and friendly faces and connect with some of my family before I take off on Tuesday for my next meeting. We'll see how I feel tomorrow morning.
It's been a long Saturday... I feel like it might never end.
I need to say a huge thank-you to so many of you who have written to me via email or Facebook. Please know that your notes, photos, words, love and prayers have been been so appreciated as I've been on this journey. I'm not sure if it would have gone this smoothly without knowing that you're all out there! I wish I had had time to respond to all of your messages while I was away or even in the next few days - know that I've treasured them nevertheless. I look forward to connecting with you all soon and also sharing more about the Assembly in the weeks to come.
No comments:
Post a Comment