Saturday, May 31, 2008

Beginning of Summer!

I was overly thrilled to be finished school in April, eight months of continuous work and exams is a lot. Summer was definitely welcomed. I spent my first two weeks of summer at home doing nothing and everything at the same time. I then journeyed up to Sorrento Centre for a youth retreat - which was a ton of fun!

I am currently still at Sorrento Centre, in Sorrento, BC. I am spending my summer there working as one of the children and youth coordinators. It's different not being at home with my family but things are definitely working out. I am looking forward to meeting the many people who will be here over the summer months. I am enjoying both the work and atmosphere. So, if you are ever in the area come find me! 

I've already gone home, over the May long weekend. It was great to be back at home with everyone. I put some pictures up at: www.melissagreen1.piczo.com. Take a look! 

The family is busy, now that the school year is coming to an end they are doing lots, including already spending time at the beach and softball. Stewart graduates this year, actually next Thursday. It's amazing that just a number of years ago we were little and hanging out together daily! 

My next adventure has me going to Generation 2008, in London, ON. It's a gathering of people who work with youth - I'm excited to spend time learning and meeting people who work in the same ministry as I do!

This blog is a way for my family at home to know what I'm doing, and also a way to keep in touch with family and friends. I look forward to hearing what you and your family are doing for the summer! Take care and enjoy the warm weather!! 

Grace and Peace, 
Melissa :o)

No comments: