Tuesday, June 10, 2008

I made it!!

Well, after driving into Kelowna on Sunday night, and leaving on Monday morning I made it to London, ON for Generation 2008 last night. We arrived to Toronto then drove the two hours to London, which because of construction was much longer. And it was hot out, but pouring rain, and a huge lightening storm. But it was cool nevertheless, we definitely don't get lightening like they do here. We got to Huron University College in London at 10:30pm. The campus is beautiful, just beautiful - I will take pictures when the sun comes out!

Today I woke up, had breakfast, visited with people from across Canada, had lunch, then spent far too long trying to connect to the wireless internet here. But eventually got it, so now I'm doing emails. Tonight we have dinner, opening plenary session, Eucharist, base groups, and then social time. I'm looking forward to the conference getting underway, those coming in today are currently registering. 

I am really enjoying connecting with young adults and youth leaders from across the country. It is so wonderful to share ideas, connections, frustrations, and issues of the church with others around my age and in the same ministry as I. Tomorrow our workshops start, and I am ecstatic about them!

Oh, and when I was in Kelowna my friend took me to see the Cathedral there, it is so beautiful. And it has a pipe organ, which I have truthfully never seen in a church! (Yes, I knew they existed!!) 

Be well!!

No comments: