| Triple Chocolate Chip Cookies |
Don't worry... there will be some time for rest, kitting, napping, and the start of all things Lenten (I get to make Mardi Gras masks with children and the young at heart at our Shrove Tuesday Pancake supper this year!)... and yes, that will all be great and well deserved. Just don't let me get too caught up in it all that I forget about my studies... okay?
Tonight though, after the school work and catching up with my mom and brother... I cleaned my whole house! I've been wanting to clean, clean, clean for the last week and it feels completely wonderful to have it all done. What a great way to start the break. After all... a messy house begins to make a grumpy and stressed Melissa.
| TRU Campus during our recent snowfall |
So, after all the cleaning was done I really wanted to bake with my almond flour that had arrived that afternoon. So I went to the store to purchase my missing ingredient and ended up also picking up a bottle of wine. The rest of my evening consisted of making Triple Chocolate Chip Cookies... as my first almond flour baking experiment I must say they are amazing! I'm going to have to freeze some so that I don't consume them all at once. And probably share some with friends so they can enjoy the small bit of heavenly like delight.
So, an evening with a clean house, delicious chocolate goodness, a delicate glass of wine and some time catching up with a good friend via amazing technology means that I'm pretty content!
Side note: we got another dump of snow yesterday... 12cm of unexpected beauty. Today it started melting... the world will soon be a bit sloppier!
No comments:
Post a Comment