Tuesday, February 28, 2012

The problem with writing

Yes, you read that correctly... I said problem and writing in the same sentence. I know... writing if far from a problem, except of course when you have that paper due the next day, you are not interested in the topic and the last thing you want to do is write. (No, this is not the situation I am in this afternoon!)

Today though, writing is my problem. After spending the last week writing each evening my pattern changed and I spent time with my journal and scripture this morning. How is this a problem? Well, now *all* I want to do is write in my journal. I want to reflect and ponder, imagine and dream. I want to go back to my February 2011 entries and find out what I was writing about a year ago. What was on mind... what was happening in my life.

And I can't just sit and write all day, at least not today. Today I have to read some more of Milton's Paradise Lost and get a good head start on the paper that is due in the coming days. And yet, all I want to do is immerse myself in my writing... I just want to write.

No comments: