Tuesday, November 25, 2008

BCYAYM Council Meeting

I spent the past recent weekend in Kelowna at the British Columbia and Yukon Anglican Youth Movement Council meeting. This is the working group that organizes the BCYAYM Fall Conference over Thanksgiving Weekend and usually also tries to do a Spring Retreat and Summer Ministries. This council tries to meet four times a year, our next meeting is in February. 

I am the Communications Coordinator, so I do some of the correspondence. Write thank you cards, and write to some potential theme speakers... all that fun stuff!

So, I took the bus on Friday evening to Kelowna, spent the evening visiting and watching movies, and then we eventually made it to bed. Saturday was filled with meetings and some free time in the afternoon. We had dinner and went to Kelly O'Brians for patchos for a late evening snack. Sunday we got up and cleaned our space and then joined the parish for their Sunday Service. 

We were at All Saints Lutheran Church which is actually a "church house". The pastor and his family live in the house upstairs and the basement is the church. It was very cool. I know the pastor and his family; him and his wife have a nineteen month old little girl who is so cute! I got to play with lego, dolls, books, and all that fun childhood stuff. They were all up at Sorrento Centre for a week during the summer, so I had met them there. 

This week I am doing a whole lot of school work. End of semester is always very full of work. I think I am down to six more papers and two tests/exams. Eventually I will be done classes and done assignments for the Christmas holiday. I'm looking forward to having almost a whole month off!

This Friday I have a meeting with the Task Force on the Future of APCI in the afternoon then Bishop Gordon's retirement banquet in the evening. I am excited to see so many people who I haven't seen for a few years. Friday will be my reward to a very full week!

We still don't have snow, I'm patiently (or trying to be patient) waiting for it to come!

No comments: