Wednesday, December 3, 2008

Happy Advent!

Happy Advent!
Yep, Advent is upon us once again - the season in the church year of waiting and preparing for Christmas - Christ's birthday. It's the longing and waiting for Christ to come, quite exciting really!

The coming of Advent also means a few more things, usually the marking of other things that need to be done. It's now time to start preparing for the Christmas play the youth will present on Christmas Day, and it means that the Fall semester of school is almost over.
 
I had my last day of classes today, YEAH!! But, I still have four more papers to write and an exam next week. Even though its very exciting to be finished I still unfortunately have a fair amount of work to go before the freedom actually comes my way!


On Friday evening I attended Bishop Gordon's retirement banquet. It was really nice to be with him and many other people in APCI to celebrate his time and work in this ministry within APCI. We will miss him, but this is a part of the cycle, the cycle of life and leadership. It was great to see so many people there who I haven't seen for such a long time. In particular, Rev. Ethel and Jim came up from Alberta for the celebrations. I haven't seen them in a very long time - it was so great to catch up with them!


We had a youth sleepover this past weekend, twenty junior youth came - it was a bast. It was busy but we all really enjoyed it. Youth sleepovers mean many things, other than a great time together they also mean: many, many dishes; incidents like youth who end up sucking a sucker and it somehow ends up in the nostril cavity causing blue snot (ew); almost no sleep whatsoever; lots of fun games (Honey if You Love Me... I Have Never Ever, anyone?); silly camp songs; and the continuous use of the all important virtue: patience! I personally love youth sleepovers, I'm that person in the world who one day after the sleepover is ready to plan the next one - even after a lack of sleep!

Tomorrow Stewart and I are taking the kids to the Seussical! The Dr. Seuss musical - it should be great and lots of fun, it's our Christmas present to the kids and we are excited! The kids don't know, its going to be a surprise. 

No comments: