The joyful Christmas season is upon us! I have already had a busy one and am now looking forward to taking a bit of a break and spending some time reading. Just me and my book!
After I finally finished all my papers and assignments I was thrilled to be heading home for the holidays. The kids (Wesley, Taylor, Rhys, and Aaron) had their Christmas concert at school, they did such a great job! The next day (Friday, December 18th) I was back at the school to help with Gingerbread houses, it was like when I was in elementary school, so many years ago. I had youth group that evening and on Saturday we had our Youth Christmas Dinner and Party, also a lot of fun. We had beef on a bun and enjoyed each others presence, made some Christmas decorations, and practiced our Christmas production. Sunday the youth were doing the church service so we all gathered again and had ton of fun doing the service! Monday I went to the church in the morning and met up with Rev. Dan, it was finally time to set up the Christmas decoration in the church, always an exciting event. I spend the remainder of the morning and early afternoon helping with the Food Bank's Christmas hampers.
My adventure on December 23rd was spending a late evening in Kamloops, we picked up Stewart from work around midnight and stopped at the gas station to get a drink for the drive home. I got a small cup of cappuccino because I wanted something warm but not hot chocolate. Now you need to know that I don't generally drink caffeine; never had coffee and cappuccinos have only ever been iced! So as a result I ended up full of energy and up until 5:30AM - eek, I've never stayed up that late before. But, I got all the Christmas baking done that I was not going to get done and most of my Christmas cards, in the end I guess it was a successful evening.
Before I knew it Christmas Eve was here. We had a Christmas Eve service at the church at 4PM and the children and youth did their presentation of "Matt and Lucy's Version Births". It was lots of fun and everyone did a great job! During the service I was presented as a Lay Minister of Word and Sacrament for St. Hilda's, Savona. I'm excited to embark on this new journey in ministry. After the service we all gathered at Grandma and Grandpa's house for dinner. It is always nice to gather will all the aunts, uncles, and cousins.
Christmas morning soon came and the littlest of the children were up and attempting to get me out of bed. After a few kids came in to convince me to get out of bed (we don't open gift until everyone is up) I finally got up. We gathered around the tree and opened gifts, were joined by Aunty Debb and Uncle Neil, Grandma and Grandpa, and had brunch. It was a great morning filled with excitement! I think I took a total of two naps (I was exhausted), both times I was attempting to watch a movie with the kids and fell asleep!
Today (Boxing Day) I have just been updating some pictures online and the blog, watched Horton Hears a Who - without falling asleep - and now am going to finish responding to some emails. Over the next few days (hopefully) I'll put a recent picture of the kids and update on what they are doing, I'll probably only get a few done each day. Until then I have updated the pictures on my picture site, from "Sorrento Centre" to "Winter Fun". Take a look!!
I hope you all had a very Merry Christmas and are enjoying the holiday season!
No comments:
Post a Comment