Does a parent ever sleep - like seriously, with all that needs to be done in a day how does a person with children sleep?? By the time the meals for the next day are prepared, the house organized, and everyone else in bed, you get to go to bed but then your brain is going on and on about what will need done tomorrow. And you're constantly listening for a crying or talking child, something to go thump in the night, or the phone to ring.
At least that is what I have found in the last two days of watching on the five kids who are at home this week. Dad and Sara went down to Calgary to clean out Grandma's house and visit with the family, which is really great. I have re-arranged my schedule so that I am around the house at least in the morning and evenings to be with the kids and get them organized. I love being with Deana, Wesley, Taylor, Rhys, and Aaron. They are great to be around, and it's lots of fun! And Deana is such a big help, this would not work if she was not here and so willing to help with the organizing.
Anyway, the youth did the service on Sunday and they did a fabulous job. I really enjoyed the service, they enjoyed it, and the parishioners who were there enjoyed it also! The next service we are doing is on December 21st - I'm already excited!
This coming weekend I am heading off to Toronto, early Friday morning. I'm down there for the Primates World Relief and Development Fund Youth Council meeting - my first one. So exciting! Be well!!
No comments:
Post a Comment