Wednesday, October 29, 2008

Life changes...

My four most favorite trees on campus had their leaves turn red, the most beautiful shade of red I've ever seen. And unfortunately the leaves dropped to the ground for the second year in a row before I had a chance to capture the beauty in a pictures. And yet it is perfect, it is how God made it to be, and therefore perfect! It's part of the life cycle of living. 

I spent last weekend at Cursillo in Sorrento Centre. Cursillo is a short course on Christian Living, and it was truly amazing. We talked, shared, cried, laughed, listened, worshiped together, sang, prayed, and learned... and it was amazing! It passed all my expectations of what I thought the weekend would be. I learned so many amazing things, it has made me think, and allowed me to reflect, and my relationship with God got even closer. It was amazing, I can't even think of another word to use to describe it. I miss the group of people, I miss the opportunities to learn, and I miss being there - but I know "life in the real world" I must also continue on. What we call, the forth day!

On Sunday morning during one of our "sessions" I was given a message to phone home as soon as possible. (While at Cursillo I had no contact with people outside of our group, unless there was an emergency) So, as soon as I got the message I began to worry. I went and found someone in the chapel who helped me find a phone, and moments after my call home began I felt hands of comfort and support on my shoulders. I was told that my Grandma in Calgary passed away that morning. She had fought cancer for the last few years and had lived a great life. When my call ended, and with tears streaming down my face I went to see who was behind me, and all I heard was, "It's just me." I put my head in my hands and allowed the tears to come. Before I knew it others from the spiritual team, the Rectora, and those on team from Savona had entered in the room. I was led into the chapel where we prayed. Never was I left alone, or felt alone. My table group met me in the chapel where we prayed some more and talked. It was never-ending love and support. And I received more hugs in two hours than I ever have before! God's timing is always right, I could not have been in a more supportive and loving place. There is no other place where I would want to be to have had to hear that news. Even with the news I was able to finish my Cursillo weekend, and was a peace. After the weekend I went  home to be with my family. 

And at about the time Grandma passed away, early Sunday morning, I was being awaken my the most joyous sounds, by the beauty of God's grace. God's timing is perfect. 

So after an amazing weekend at Cursillo, and having met people I will continue to keep in contact with, I am on my forth day. Where my choices and decisions I think about lots before making them. I will continue to watch the beauty of God's perfect timing on campus, as the last of the leaves continue to fall, and eventually the peaceful snow flakes fall down. 

I am going home Thursday afternoon to Savona, where I will spend the weekend. Halloween is on Friday, so I will hand out candy to those who come to my door, I have youth group on Saturday, and church on Sunday, and then the week will begin again. We are having a youth service on Sunday which I am excited and nervous about, I'm sure it will go well though! Go out into nature and look at the beauty of the earth in the fall!

No comments: