Sunday, June 6 started with some direction on how we would be engaging in the sexuality discussions. The format seems like it has a possibility to be quite effective – which is an awesome feeling! We had our first round of “Port of Call” which is where we get to select where to go and learn more about - so I went to learn a bit more about Vision 2019 – have you watched the video yet?
After all this we grabbed our bagged lunches, and I headed over the check in with the Nominating Committee which followed with boarding the busses to go to Exhibition Park to celebrate with the diocese of Nova Scotia and PEI 300 years of continuous Anglican worship. Image that – 300 years, amazing. The Anglican Parishes of the Central Interior (APCI) has been here for ten years, we are just a baby – okay yes, the Diocese of Cariboo did exist for 87 years prior to its closing in 2001.
The 300-year anniversary service with the diocese of Nova Scotia and PEI was huge – it was massive. There were hundreds of people there - it was absolutely amazing! The service was three hours long and I must tell you that the liturgical dancing was top notch and done with much grace. It was wonderful to be alongside the diocese to celebrate in worship with them. Another really cool piece was that one of my friends, who I went to Ask and Imagine with, who is currently the youngest priest in the diocese did the closing blessing – it was great to see him again.
After this wonderful celebration we had the evening off. So, APCI and the diocese of Montreal who we are diocesan partners with, went to Salty’s for dinner. And what a wonderful evening we had together! It was great to get to know the delegation and have conversation with them. We laughed lots, enjoyed great food and wonderful company. And I may have very much enjoyed watching the three people around me eat their lobster - I don’t think I could do it!
I walked home with the youth delegate from Montreal and as I was commenting on how lovely the light rain was because it was actually fog and not “real rain” the clouds opened up and it poured – and I mean like poured!! Not sure what I did to deserve that… it only lasted a minute or so and was lovely!
No comments:
Post a Comment