Last night we had our Opening Service at the Cathedral which was just amazing, I love beginning things with worship. It's grounding, it reminds us of who we are and what we are doing and why we are doing it! Worship brings us together as the community gathered and pray, sing, hear scripture, and are fed. And they had these really awesome and amazing sails that each Ecclesiastical Province processed in after... they were lovely (pictures below!) The whole thing was just wonderful.
Today we jumped right in to resolutions and eventually made it to the resolutions from the Governance Working Group - this gave me my first experience of really having no idea how to vote, and observing much debate and conversation taking place. It was interesting and will continue to be.
Oh, wait! We got to do some awesome and amazing icebreakers and get to know you activities... It was great, but of course I think that... I do these things all time time! Handshakes, routines, switching name tags, don't stop talking... and on it went! So much fun...
We also heard the first presentation from the Vision 2019 group... this is the first part of their report. (It's a great report and you can find it at anglican.ca... but it is long!) The group began with an amazing video which you can watch here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JacrWZxAhgE&feature=player_embedded The video introduces the 5 Marks of Mission which is a key component for us as we look forward into the next decade. Take a look at it, let me know what you think!
So yes, General Synod is happening and I'm enjoying it. It is tiring but so very interesting. Lots of laughter, lots of joy, and lots of memories! And the people I am meeting here are amazing... I'm enjoying conversation and meeting people from all over.
If you are interested in General Synod at all check out www.anglican.ca - you can even watch the proceedings live... check it out! (Hint: Look at the agenda and plan to watch the part that might be of great interest to you!!)
I am sure I could share more... but sleep is calling my name!
No comments:
Post a Comment