I've had my fair share of crazy (but exciting) things happening to me over my four summers at Sorrento Centre... but I now have had an experience that has given me much greater sympathy for those who wake up in the night to a great surprise! Took four years, but I've now survived my first bat adventure!
I was partially asleep again at 3:45am when I woke up hearing something crawling on fabric and making a strange noise. I tried to convince myself that it was just the start of the coming rain. I decided that if I moved my curtain and listened carefully to the rain hitting the roof all would be fine. I chickened out of moving from my bed (if there is a mouse on my floor I will freak!!). So I turned on my lamp and scanned the room and saw the bat climbing my curtain, turns out it did not go into the living room but took refuge back inside my bedroom. This time I left the room, turned on the hall light and as soon as it flew out of my room I ran back in and closed the door. Just to be on the safe side I but a blanket at the bottom of my door. At this point, I have no idea what this bat is willing to do to get back into my space!
All was fine now that I knew the bat was out of my room and I slept... fully prepared to find the bat
The bat was adorable - they are cute when they just sleep and stay in one place. They are cute when they are not in my bedroom!! It seems to by my summer to deal with crazy creatures... dead or alive. And this does not impress me at all.
No comments:
Post a Comment