![]() |
| CoGS 2010-2012 Group. Picture from anglican.ca |
I love the work and I love the people. I always learn tons and with this being our third meeting I was feeling more present and all the material didn't seem new and unknown. The relationships and conversations that take place sustain me, challenge me and support me. People are amazing.
There were many highlights, here are just a few:
- Conversations about Vision 2019 and the Marks of Mission. How do we encourage diocese to live these out so we get it beyond the National Church?
- Our "fireside" chat with the Primate and General Secretary. A lovely open conversation.
- Looking forward to General Synod 2013. This will be the first joint Anglican-Lutheran national meeting for the church and is what the Primate has described will be a "historic" day for the church.
- The Celebration of New Ministry: Welcoming Michael Thompson in as General Secretary. Alongside this was being asked to read the prayers of the people, it was a great honor and an important reminder to me that I love being part of leadership in liturgy! And as for our new General Secretary - well he is one amazing and faith filled and generous man.
- The Sacred Circle with our Aboriginal brothers and sisters. Hearing from Bishop Mark Macdonald that we need to "build a church that the poor can afford". This is the second time I've heard this from Bishop Mark and I think it's something we all need to listen to. We heard the message that the Anglican Council of Indigenous People are at a point where it is time to stop asking and time to start doing. They are not going to wait any longer for the rest of the church. This was heard with great encouragement by the group but also great sadness that we have not been able to respond to the needs.
And of course so much more took place. On a personal level, I was asked to assist with the administration of Communion at our Sunday morning (early) service. At a time when I still would have been in bed I was reminded how very much I feel called to the sharing of the sacraments... I can't explain it. But I feel something that I don't always feel otherwise when assisting with that part of the service. And I love it.
Again, the people. I have so much appreciation for the conversations, time and encouragement that happens when we gather. It guides me and keeps me going. It also makes it so I don't want to leave.
So yes, I left at a point in the semester when I should have stayed home. But it has also renewed me, empowered me, energized me and encouraged me. It was good, so very good. It was also exhausting and intense requiring a full Tuesday of sleep. But it was worth it.

No comments:
Post a Comment