Saturday, November 12, 2011

Weekend Visitors

Taylor, Rhys and Aaron
For the first time since I moved back into Kamloops after spending the summer at Sorrento Centre Taylor, Rhys and Aaron came for a weekend sleepover. They are growing up, really quickly. It won't be long before they are all taller then me. It won't be long before they are all wiser then me. But, they will always be my youngest siblings even when they get to that age when I am no longer "cool" to hang out with!

We had a great weekend together. They came bowling with the youth group on Friday night, we spent Saturday painting, shopping and swimming and Sunday was filled with Church and lunch with Stewart.

Our painted creations!
Painting was the big task for the weekend. The basement suite I'm living in this year (which I love) has really bare walls. So, I picked up some paint and canvas and gave the kids the all important task of painting lovely pictures for my walls. And that is exactly what they did! On Friday night I told them that they needed to think of what they wanted to paint... "you can paint anything you want," I told them. Saturday morning Aaron said to me, "I can paint anything I want?" "Yep, anything you want," I said. After a few moments of thinking he turned to me and said, "I can paint the stairs?" Wait a minute!! He thought we were painting the walls! Am I ever glad that I didn't just put the paint on the table and go do something else... that would have been interesting!

Stewart came over for lunch and a visit on Sunday after church. It was wonderful to spend time with Stewart and the kids were really excited to see him. Stewart and I looked through some pictures of our childhood years - I must admit... we were pretty cute toddlers!

I did a lot of cooking with my crock pot over the weekend. My first roast beef in the crock pot turned out just amazing - so tender and delicious. And then Sunday morning I put sloppy joe stuff in before heading to church and we had an amazing lunch when we got home! I love my crock pot... it's amazing!

The weekend was great and I can't wait for the kids to come over again... although I have decided I'm never having triplets. Going from having responsibility for zero children to three children is exhausting!

No comments: