So, what does a lazy day look like for Melissa you wonder...? Well, I literally got up, went to breakfast, went back to my room to reply to some emails then went back to bed. Yes, I went back to bed! And I slept... in and out of consciousness, right through lunch! I know, crazy!! Finally at around 2pm I decided to physically get up and do something... a walk sounded great at this point!
I walked to the Atlantic School of Theology (AST) which is just down the street and enjoyed the silence, the birds, the sunshine, and the time outside by myself. AST seems to be quiet small butvery nice.
I investigated their library... but had to leave after thirty minutes as there were so many fascinating books and went into their chapel where I sat for a chunk of time and enjoyed the empty space and took advantage of the silence to pray and do some thinking.
It was great. The really cool thing about AST is that it is right on the ocean... just a small little piece of the ocean but it looks so peaceful
After my time at AST I went back to St. Mary's to find that many, many people
had arrived... I found my registration package (that took at least thirty minutes because of the awesome conversations I got to have along the way!) and headed to dinner. The group from APCI had not arrived yet so there were very few familiar faces about and at this point I really just wanted to see a familiar face. Remember that I have been on my own for a few days at this point! Then I saw Bishop John from Diocese of Kootenay... so I had dinner with him and the Bishop of Saskatoon!
I spent the rest of the evening with a few of the youth that I had met before, found most of the APCI group - yahoo... I'm not alone anymore!!
Tomorrow starts my adventure with General Synod... I have nominating committee at 10:00am, orientation in the afternoon, and then at some point we have out opening servic
e! I don't know what else will be happening tomorrow... but I'm sure it will be a different pace then the last few days!
Please pray for us all as we meet together!
(Hey - doesn't that look like a BC train??)
1 comment:
melissa you wern't in halifax may 2!! do you mean JUNE 2?
Post a Comment