I know… one year later and I am finally approaching this blog again. There seems to be a pattern of writing in the spring while I am at church type gatherings. Yep – you guessed it… I am off again! Where? This time Halifax. I left Savona this morning at 4:15am to catch the 6:00am flight from Kamloops and arrived in Halifax by 8:00pm… (4:00pm PST.) Of course I didn’t get to St. Mary’s University until after 9pm…
I was reminded over the last few days how much I really don’t enjoy packing – and this time packing for seventeen whole days added to the lack of enjoyment. Packing – yes it means I get to go away… but it also means that I have to be organized enough to do all that packing… and ironing… and more packing. And it also means that I am extremely far away from my family for quite some time… which when I am packing is never a great thought!
Going away also means preparing to go away – planning for my absence, which is very doable and has been done but I forgot how much work it truly is. But through this process this time around I was reminded about how when you have a huge “to-do” list to tackle before you leave, you sometimes you just need to stop… take a break. Tuesday night in the midst of packing and preparing to leave I paused my work and went out and walked the labyrinth – which was lovely. And yesterday as I sat in the office contemplating not attending worship so I’d have an extra hour of time I realized that was a bad choice… and worship was just what I needed.
So – I remind and encourage you to all find the moments when you need to take an hour or so for yourself! And take that time… it is so worth it – and the rest of the work will go much smoother after you take the time.
So yes, Halifax. Why? Well, I have PWRDF Youth Council Thursday, May 27th – Saturday, May 29th; then I have a break from Sunday, May 30th – Wednesday, June 2nd (yes, some time to wander around Halifax!); then General Synod from Thursday, June 3rd – Friday, June 11th… then I fly home on Saturday, June 12th – and then I will sleep!!
What is PWRDF? – Primates World Relief and Development Fund – I’m the BC and Yukon Representative for the Youth Council. Check out – www.pwrdf.org
What is General Synod? – The Anglican Church of Canada’s national meeting that takes place every three years with delegates from each diocese across the country. So, I am the youth representative for the Anglican Parishes of the Central Interior. More about General Synod at www.anglican.ca/gs2010
I’m super excited to be attending General Synod and also excited to be going to Halifax, and it will be great to gather with the PWRDF group again. I will try to share some of my experiences every day or so… I make no promises other then that I will try!
Now bed… or should be in bed… gotta love time change!
No comments:
Post a Comment