So I woke up on Sunday to the view of fog... lots and lots of fog. By the time I got down to the dining room for breakfast the rain was coming down hard and fast. We then got ready for church (three other member of PWRDF Youth Council were still staying in the residence) and headed outside. The rain had slowed down but was still dripping down from the sky. You need to know at this point that I definitely did not pack my rain coat... why you ask? Well, no one told me to - I know, I'm going to a strange city for seventeen days and you think that I am expecting only nice weather... of course I am! Isn't it spring in Halifax? Oh - Spring means rain? Right, I forgot about that. And I should have made the connection between being on the coast and rain? Right, well that was the last think I was thinking about!
Anyway, we made it halfway to church then it started to poor again so we got in a cab!
We headed back to residence to get changed then Beth and I went down to the water in hopes to go on the pirate tour... but we were informed that because of the rain the tour was not running but the Harbour Hopper still was going. So we took our chances and went on the Harbour Hopper... the exact thing we laughed at all day each time it went by us the day before! The Harbour Hopper is an amphibious vehicle that was built in the early 1960's for military purposes and has now been transformed into a tour bus/boat. Yep, you read that correctly! We got on the Harbour Hopper and it drove us through the downtown streets of Halifax and we got to learn a lot of really cool history then it drove into the ocean, turned into a boat, and we learned about the harbour! It was great... a bit crazy... but great!
After that we had lunch... I said goodbye to Beth who was heading back to Ottawa... and I toured around a bit more, and started on my way home. I wouldn't say I got lost, but I also wouldn't say I totally knew where I was headed. Eventually I looked up, saw the tall residence building I was staying in, and headed in that direction - and eventually recognized a few streets and landmarks (meditation house, odd shaped shrub-like thing!) and got back to St. Mary's!! Then I ended up laying down and sleeping, and sleeping some more!
No comments:
Post a Comment