Thursday, April 19, 2012

Ten on Thursday

1. Two hour meeting with my professor who I'm working on my Milton paper with was amazing on Tuesday morning - my favorite part is when I make a connection that he hasn't made yet... it's all about learning.

2. I'm at around 4300 words for this (what is becoming massive) paper. I'm taking a few days off from writing because I know that if I sit and start writing I won't be able to stop. Please someone help me to stop enjoying this subject so much!

3. My brother Wesley spent the night on Monday. When I made his lunch this morning I was reminded that I enjoy making school lunches for others and so now I miss it.

4. It rained on Monday. Like it really, really rained. And I got rained on when I was coming home from school. The result: a very cold Melissa for the rest of the day. It was sad.

Dinner!
5. I made an amazing burger a few days ago... it had feta and mushrooms in it. Wrapped in lettuce and surrounded by tomato and avocado I was happy.

6. I am continuously reminded of how grateful I am that birds exist. I love walking and hearing them sing, it reminds me to pay attention to the life that exists all around me. And their song refocuses me - which is always good.

7. I booked my flights for my May trip to Montreal. I think I prefer when others do my flight booking for me... but I made the decisions and booked. Which means now I can get excited about the trip, the conversations and the pieces of ministry that will take place!

8. I think I either slept wrong or pinched something in my shoulder/neck 'cause I've been sore with a headache on and off all week. I was hoping that it would fix itself but it's not looking that way. Oh well.

9. I had my first exam of the semester last night at 7pm in Women's Literature. 2.5 hours of intense writing... a trip to DQ followed!

10. Sleep is good... I think if I could I might just sleep for a week!

No comments: