Monday, April 16, 2012

Writing Milton

Research materials for Milton Paper
The end of the semester is here and all I've been doing right now (between Easter, sleep, traveling and meetings) is reading and writing. It's research and finding connections. It's all about Milton, Paradise Lost and the theme of Paradise. The word limit for this "graduating" essay... it doesn't exist yet. So this means I just keep writing, at 4300 words I'm far from complete and the pile of books is large and the pieces of paper with thoughts, ideas, connections and quotes are everywhere.

Some days I wonder how I actually get anything that makes sense on paper. My messy and spread out style of writing eventually always works though. My only problem right now is keeping up my energy and balance.

The more I write the more connections I make. The more connections I make the more I need to write. And I know that the more I write the more I will end up needing to edit.

For now, I'm taking a break from this large stack of books!

No comments: